Management Solutions (Mw) Limited
Our Client, a conglomerate with a diversified trading portfolio serving a strategic local clientele, seeks to engage through a competitive and transparent executive search and recruitment service, dynamic, highly adaptable, innovative and results-oriented Malawian business executives to fill the following two (2) vacancies located in Lilongwe:
1. GENERAL MANAGER; AND 2. AUDIT AND COMPLIANCE MANAGER.
These are challenging and exciting senior positions requiring the services of multi-skilled, highly motivated, commercially-oriented/business-driven, people-oriented and customer-focused individuals.
The successful candidates are expected to be pragmatic business practitioners with leading-edge skills in all aspects of “Global Best-Practice” within their core areas of competence. Once recruited, the incumbents will join and strengthen a dynamic and multi-skilled team of experts dedicated to the new Strategic Vision of the organization. Once in post, the incumbents will join the senior management team in implementing a newly developed turnaround strategy aimed at strategically repositioning the Group towards improved service quality, operational efficiency/effectiveness, business competitiveness, commercial viability, and overall profitability to enhance shareholder value.
AUDIT AND COMPLIANCE MANAGER
With dual reporting lines the Group Chief Executive Officer and the Board, the successful candidate will be responsible for providing technical-backstopping and operational support to senior management at the Corporate Office and Subsidiary Companies to accomplish organizational strategic objectives, including meeting corporate governance accountability and compliance requirements by assessing the adequacy and effectiveness of the audit, risk management, internal control and governance systems, processes and practices in partnership with Finance, Operations, IT, Marketing and Executive Management Teams.
The incumbent will assess and enhance the compliance of the organization’s specific policies and procedures, regulations, and the country laws, identify risks, gaps and analyse causes of such gaps; and work with management and staff to build capacity, enhance the general awareness of audit, risk management and compliance issues and assist with the development of action plans that address such gaps to strengthen internal controls, systems and procedures in an efficient and effective manner.
- Serve as an expert on applicable company policies, procedures, rules and regulations and assist
- management and staff with the interpretation and understanding of organizational policies to stay abreast of legal requirements and significant changes in international and local audit standards. ;
- Reviewing, testing and reporting on effectiveness of audit procedures, and making
recommendations on the requisite improvements;
- Undertaking compliance reviews by conducting regular quality assurance checks of operational offices in the audit function to ensure that policies and procedures are applied professionally and consistently throughout the Group;
- Drafting the internal audit charter, internal audit, fraud and whistle blowing policies for management review and board approval;
- Advising management on how internal controls, risk management and compliance can be strengthened in the entire Group;
- Reviewing and ensuring compliance with all legal requirements including registration, taxes and labour laws;
- Developing annual internal audit work plans/programmes in liaison with all stakeholders affected by the programmes and conducting both periodic (routine);
- Developing and implementing coherent quarterly internal review and compliance plans, and monitoring and strengthening the internal governance and risk management environment;
- Conducting targeted in-depth risk assessments of the organization’s systems and planning and performance of IT audits and other investigations;
- Documenting audit findings, proposing improvements or change as relevant, disseminating findings to management and the Board and ensure follow up implementation of recommendations as well as resolution;
- Making recommendations to management based on audit findings and ensuring that those recommendations are implemented;
- Conducting review reporting schedules with the Finance, Audit and Appointments committee of the Organization’s Board.
Qualifications and Experience
This position requires a highly motivated person with the following core attributes:
- Qualified Accountant with ACCA or CIMA and a Bachelor of Accountancy Degree or related qualification from a recognised university;
- Member of the Institute of Internal Auditors in Malawi (IIAM) and the Institute of Chartered Accountants in Malawi (ICAM);
- 5 years post-qualification audit experience in a commercially-oriented business entity;
- Advanced experience in IT Audits. Preferably the candidate should have appropriate qualifications such as Certified Information Systems Auditor (CISA), etc.
- Advanced knowledge of forensic audits and whistle blowing policies;
- Knowledge of taxation, employment/labour laws & regulations other laws of Malawi
- Excellent communication skills and inter-personal people-management skills;
- Analytical skills and report writing skills;
- Leadership and team building skills;
If you meet these requirements and are interested in taking up any of these 2 challenging and exciting positions, we are ready for you. Urgently submit by email only your application letter, detailed Curriculum Vitae with names of at least 3 traceable referees, and day telephone numbers before close of business on Friday 29th September 2023, to the following email address: firstname.lastname@example.org
Please note that our Client is an Equal Opportunities Employer
Only short listed candidates will be acknowledged
To apply for this job email your details to email@example.com