Microloan Foundation (Malawi) Limited
Microloan Foundation (Malawi) Limited is searching for an experienced Chief Operations Officer (COO) with impeccable integrity and extreme attention to detail to become the primary architect and steward of its Operations function.
The Chief Operations Officer (COO) has strategic oversight of the sales management process and works with internal and external stakeholders to support the improvement of systems and processes that drive long term success of MICROLOAN. On an ongoing basis he/she monitors branch performance metrics, drives efficient and effective resource utilization, and
ensures internal and regulatory compliance in accordance with MICROLOAN’s objectives. As a results-driven team player, the incumbent must leverage excellent planning, organizational, management, and communication skills in order to drive efficiency, ensure timely coordination and execution of co-dependent tasks between business units, and foster a culture of cost containment.
WHAT YOU WILL DO
- Drive growth through business development and sales whilst cultivating a high-performance culture within operations department.
- Ensure consistent application of policies and procedures across branches in customer acquisition, portfolio growth and customer retention.
- Develop Operational strategies that fosters Microloan Foundation strategic goals by providing input into the budget planning process and contributing to the development of its overall strategic plans, projects, and long-term goals.
- Provide strategic oversight of all operations functions, branch network administration, customer engagement and satisfaction, marketing, community outreach, and business development.
- Ensure compliance to both internal and external policies, procedures, and regulatory requirements.
- Develop and strengthen operational policies and procedures and ensure full compliance with the Company’s credit risk management systems from loan origination to recovery.
- Continuous development of tools, processes, and structures that improve the efficiency of process implementation (e.g., manuals, checklists, routines, report forms, templates, etc).
- Manage, coach and develop a high performing Sales and Operations team by setting departmental objectives/KPIs and review and assess performance on an ongoing basis.
- Embed customer focus and customer service excellence in all branches and at all levels of branch staff and ensure a shared responsibility to recover customer relationships when required.
WHAT YOU’LL BRING
- Degree in Marketing, Economics, Business Administration, Banking & Finance, Management or related field. Those with master’s have added advantage.
- 8+ years of progressive responsibilities within the Microfinance or Banking Industry, including at least 5 years of management experience.
- Experience in designing and rolling out of financial products and services, experience in scaling up of operations, expansion.
- Experience in managing projects and stakeholder engagement at all levels.
- Proven track record in managing high performance and efficient operations team.
- The ability to meet all fit and proper criteria for the role as outlined by the Reserve Bank.
To express an interest in this role, qualified candidates who should have the right to work in Malawi are required to submit an updated CV along with a brief cover letter detailing how they meet the above requirements to email@example.com by September 22, 2023 with “Chief Operations Officer Job” in the subject line. We thank all applicants in advance for their interest.
However, only candidates shortlisted for an interview will be contacted.
To apply for this job email your details to firstname.lastname@example.org