CHOPPER HARVESTER OPERATORS
Unitrans Malawi currently has a few vacant positions for chopper harvester operators at Nchalo for the coming sugar cane season(s). Details as follows:
Job Title: Chopper Harvester Operator
Job reference no.: CHO/09-2023/1
Location: Unitrans Nchalo Depot, Nchalo Sugar Estate, Chikwawa, Malawi
Remuneration: Commensurate with experience and qualifications.
Accommodation: Successful candidate will be responsible for own accommodation.
Work schedule: To work in shifts, schedule to be advised.
Employment type and duration: Seasonal contract
Application closing date: Thursday, 14th September 2023
Minimum Requirements, experience and skills
Suitable candidates should have the following:
• At least Malawi School Certificate of Education (MSCE)
• Valid Code EC driver’s license with valid Prdp category D
• At least 3 years operator experience
• Must have Valid operator certificate
• Knowledge of reporting procedures of emergencies and defects
• Knowledge of safe operating procedures
• No previous criminal record
• Good communication skills
• Must be computer literate
The following will also be advantageous:
- Experience with operating Case Austoft 8810 tracked Chopper Harvester
- Experience with operating agricultural machinery with autosteer and/or in-cab screen for application rate
- Experience with operating tracked heavy machinery
- Code EC drivers licence
Applicants will be required to:
• Submit contactable references of previous two employers
• Successfully complete medical evaluation(s)
• Be willing to work shifts (day or night), weekends and public holidays
Duties and Tasks
The position will focus primarily on the following:
- Operate Case Austoft 8810 tracked Chopper Harvester
- Inspect the chopper harvester and sign off to register fuel levels and mechanical readiness of the equipment for the shift’s work before work starts.
- Sign off the checklist at the end of the shift to register fuel levels and mechanical readiness for the next shift or handover to the next operator.
- Arrange for refuelling whenever necessary and ensure that there is sufficient fuel to resume operations for the next shift.
- Report defects, damage and faults in the equipment immediately that they become apparent, to
- Monitor chopper blades closely and adhere strictly to the replacement requirements as instructed.
- Monitor machine maintenance and condition and ensure maintenance cycles are adhered to.
- Ensure hygienic condition and high standards of housekeeping are maintained in the operators cab.
- Work with haulage team to reach daily DRD tons (Daily Rated Deliveries)
- Understand and manage risk during harvest operations
- Ensure cane harvest quality is maintained to optimise load yield and tonnage of cut cane.
- Continually monitor and improve harvesting efficiencies.
- Alert harvest manager in the event of any delays or breakdowns
- Follow all reasonable instructions from Supervisor
- Handle required documentation
- Adhere to Fatigue Management Rules
- Operate other equipment / yellow machinery as required.
Interested applicants to please send a CV to email@example.com
To apply for this job email your details to firstname.lastname@example.org