Malawi Airlines Limited
Malawi Airlines Limited is a registered partnership company with shareholding between Malawi Government and Ethiopian Airlines Enterprise. Malawi Airlines is the national flag carrier that operates B737-700 and Q400 Aircrafts having direct flights to regional cities of Johannesburg; Lusaka; Harare and Dar es Salaam; besides daily domestic flights between Lilongwe and Blantyre. The Airline offers warm and friendly service to make customers feel at home. It plays vital role to promote tourism and trade by providing value for money services to all the destinations it operates. Malawi Airlines has excellent on-time performance and baggage handling services.
To keep our promise and in line with our growth strategy, the airline intends to recruit:
CUSTOMER SERVICE AGENT (LILONGWE)
Applications are invited from suitably qualified persons to fill in the position of Customer Service Agent based at Kamuzu International Airport (KIA). The position holder will be reporting to the Supervisor Customer Service & Sales.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Carry out flight observations and handling of incoming and outgoing passengers, mail and cargo as per standard.
- Handling airport last minute Sales for passengers /excess baggage.
- Prepare passenger, cargo/mail according to airline’s standards.
- Handling boarding and disembarking of passengers including loading and unloading of baggage and cargo.
- Ensures that passengers, cargo and mail are received and properly ticketed, billed and handled and the necessary records and reports are prepared.
- Liaise with ground handling staff (Ramp, Load Control and Baggage Service) for efficient service delivery.
- Assist passengers with special needs.
- Balancing of flight coupons after flight closure.
- Checking visa, health and immigration (TIMATIC) requirements of passengers.
- Prepares ticket uplift envelopes; flight files sales and other reports and required records.
- Support passengers on arriving international flights.
- Handling all Baggage Irregularity.
- Assisting passengers through arrivals and check-in processes, including passengers with special needs and VIP, VVIP and CIP passengers.
- Preparation of daily, weekly, monthly, and quarterly statistics for passenger, cargo and mail.
- Adhere consistently to airline safety and security policy and procedures.
Qualifications and Work Experience
- Diploma in Travel and Tourism (IATA) or equivalent from a recognized institution.
- At least 2 years’ experience in aviation industry and those with Check-in know how will have added advantage.
- High level proven integrity.
Interested candidates should submit their applications with detailed Curriculum Vitae (CV) to:
The Head of HR & Corporate Services
Malawi Airlines Limited
P. O. Box 2095
Or send your email to: email@example.com. Closing date for receiving applications is 4th August, 2023. Only short-listed applicants shall be acknowledged.
Malawi Airlines is an equal opportunity employer!
To apply for this job email your details to firstname.lastname@example.org