Grant Thornton Consulting Limited
We have been engaged by our client in the International NGO sector to carry out an Executive Search for suitably qualifying persons to fill the Two positions of Head of Finance and Grant Finance Manager tenable at the National Office in Blantyre. We are inviting interested and qualifying candidates to submit their applications not later than 8 September 2023 to the address below. Only shortlisted candidates will be acknowledged.
HEAD OF FINANCE
The purpose of role is to lead the Finance function at the organisation driving strategic financial planning, financial management, control and analysis; to ensure the efficient and effective use and accountability over financial resources; and the smooth operation of the Finance Team and system. The role directly reports to the National Director.
Technical Expertise, Skills, Knowledge and Behaviours
Educational Qualification and Experience
- Degree in Accounting, Master’s Degree will be an added advantage.
- Professional qualification (ACCA/CIMA) and a full member of the Malawi Accountants Board/Institute of Chartered Accountants of Malawi (ICAM).
ACCOUNTABILITIES AND MAIN WORK ACTIVITIES
- Processing of income and expenditure transactions in Financial force (Salesforce platform) ensuring the accuracy and completeness of coding in line with approved expenditure authorisations.
- Managing accounts payables, programme payments and transfers ensuring adherence to set procedures and authorization levels.
- Managing field advances (22600) including regular review, analysis and clearance of the 22600 holding account.
- Monthly analysis of all balance sheet accounts.
- Timely production of monthly bank reconciliations.
- Reviewing, checking and processing of financial reports from partners in the field.
- Maintenance of the asset register and filing and storage of financial records.
- Preparation for and executing successful external audit process.
- Development of country annual budgets and proposal budgets ensuring that appropriate cost estimates and costing models are applied.
- Producing weekly, monthly and quarterly management reports, analysis and accompanying commentary for senior management, ensuring that reports, i.e., donor update reports and budget tracking reports are explained to department Heads and the National Director.
- Support the development and timely submission of quarterly forecasts (Expenditure Authorisation).
- Support the planning process to map workplans, budgets and donor contracts and the link with quarterly expenditure plans.
- Work with other department Heads to analyse variances and explore potential problems. Perform regular three-dimensional reviews of the efficiency, effectiveness, and economy of the organisation’s work, Le.. triangulation of Impact (M&E) reports, finance reports and programme reports as a way to inform programme delivery.
Cash flow planning
- Produce annual, quarterly and monthly cash flow forecasts and processing of cash requests.
- Identify and recommend short-term investment options for excess cash.
- Carry out regular field monitoring visits to review proper usage of programme funds and provide capacity building to field partners ensuring compliance with organisation’s internal financial guidelines.
Manage the organisation’s finance staff including allocation of duties, staff training, mentoring, capacky building, annual evaluation and on-going motivation
- Assist in the on-going design and development of the organisation’s systems and processes.
- Work with the rest of the global finance team and other teams in developing and sustaining good practice
- Any other duties as defined by the National Director and/or the organisation’s International Executive Team.
Mode of application
Candidates should submit their applications enclosing an up-to-date CV and copies of academic and professional certificates to the address below:
Grant Thornton Consulting Limited
P.O. Box 508
To apply for this job email your details to firstname.lastname@example.org