Project Overview and Role:
PROPEL Health is a USAID-funded five-year global project awarded to Palladium on September 23, 2022. PROPEL Health Malawi aims to improve the enabling environment for equitable and sustainable health services, supplies, and delivery systems through: (1) policy development and implementation, (2) adequate, predictable, and sustainable health financing, (3) enhanced government stewardship, transparency, and accountability, and (4) use of evidence-based advocacy approaches at global, national, and subnational levels to promote best practices. Cross-cutting approaches include FP/RH integration into MCH, HIV & primary healthcare; gender equity & equality; digital health technology; capacity development & localization; collaborating, learning & adapting & knowledge management; diversity, equity, inclusion & accessibility; sustainability. PROPEL Health Malawi works with Government and several key actors from across multiple health and development sectors, private stakeholders, civil society, youth, and other implementing partners to integrate policies and approaches for more effective and efficient delivery. The project actively supports USAID’s localization strategy by drawing on local actors to co-create our country designs and lead implementation, monitoring, and evaluation focusing on FP/RH, MNCH, Nutrition, HIV, TB, and malaria.
Scope of Work:
The Program Associate contributes to the PROPEL Health project by providing a combination of administrative, logistical, and technical support to senior technical program staff to ensure the successful implementation of project activities. The Program Associate reports to the Technical Advisors but will also support other technical staff in the office who are responsible for directing other components of PROPEL Health’s work as needed.
Primary Duties and Responsibilities:
- Work closely with technical staff to support the planning and organizing of meetings, workshops, and trainings related to PROPEL Health’s activities, including drafting invitation lists and letters and following up with participant RSVPs.
- Support technical materials production, including estimating quantities for workshops, compiling info packets etc.
- Support technical staff in developing technical content for meetings, such as drafting agendas and presentations and participate in actual coordination and implementation of the meetings/activities.
- Take meeting minutes at weekly and bi-weekly team meetings and other technical meetings as required.
- Circulate these minutes to relevant staff in a timely manner and document follow up or outstanding items for subsequent meetings.
- Support project documentation by taking activity notes (notes to file), interviewing technical staff, and submitting to HQ for reporting purposes and capturing project successes.
- Initiate and coordinate inputs for bi-weekly activity trackers according to schedule and ensure team calendar is up to date. Work closely with the Finance Officer to ensure all Ops issues are incorporated to ensure all program activities are accurate.
- Assist with activity planning (e.g., timelines, tasks) and provide inputs for the development of budgets for programmatic activities. Collaborate with finance staff on procurement and spending projections.
- Support Technical Advisors in preparing creative briefs, workshop/ meeting agendas, activity reports.
- Work with Technical Advisors in data collection and analysis including DHIS 2 data analysis.
- Identifying areas of success and support with drafting success stories and nuggets.
- Represent PROPEL Health in meetings with partners and stakeholders if requested.
- Work with the PROPEL Health Technical leads to provide inputs for draft quarterly, semi-annual, and annual activity reports and success stories to showcase PROPEL Health Malawi work.
- Work with the PROPEL Health headquarters team as needed to provide updates on activity implementation and documentation of activities and results.
- Work with other PROPEL Health Malawi team members on capacity development through the design and development of PROPEL Health workshops and trainings in the areas of family planning policy, population and development, youth activities, and other portfolios. This may include supporting colleagues with logistical arrangements and delivery of trainings.
- Contribute to the PROPEL Health Malawi FP and P&D portfolio supporting technical team leads and senior staff and consultants under various Programme areas including data collection and analysis, support to modelling processes, providing technical assistance to GOM counterparts in strategy implementation and monitoring.
- Work with senior staff and/or consultants to engage with GOM counterparts and relevant multi- sectoral technical working groups to enhance information sharing, collaboration, and advocacy on population and development issues.
- BA in health policy, public health, or relevant field.
- At least two (2-3) years relevant work experience, or related field or equivalent experience.
Knowledge and Experience:
The PA will serve as a key member of the project team, providing support for implementation of project activities.
Responsibilities of the PA will encompass administrative, project management, operational, research, and communication tasks. Potential responsibilities include:
- Provide support on a range of administrative/operational tasks including developing contracts; budget and expenditure tracking; invoice processing; organizing meetings and workshops; monitoring workplans; liaising with project stakeholders; and supporting the recruitment of staff and consultants.
- Support the implementation of high-quality monitoring, evaluation, and learning activities (e.g., developing and or monitoring theories of change and conducting outcome harvesting).
- Produce and/or edit a variety of documents including briefing materials, meeting notes, presentation slides, research briefs, and reports for a variety of stakeholders (such as funders, implementing partners, external audiences).
- Facilitate meetings.
- Support project teams with the development and production of highly polished presentations, concept notes, briefing materials, and other products such as blog posts, newsletters, meeting summaries, thought pieces, and e-communications on key topics of interest.
- Contribute to the development of administrative policies and procedures to ensure efficient and effective project implementation.
- Monitor and facilitate the execution of deliverables through collaboration with implementing teams, funders, and other technical partners.
- Performing other duties as necessary.
- Malawian nationals are strongly encouraged to apply for this position.
Fluency in English is required.
Other Desirable Skills:
- Experience working on USAID projects.
- Ability to meet rigorous timelines, track results and effectively manage multi-stakeholder relationships, detail-oriented with strong analytical, written, and verbal communication skills.
- Self-starter with demonstrated ability to work as part of a team and independently.
This job description is not an exhaustive list of the skill, effort, duties, and responsibilities associated with the position.
About Palladium – Palladium is a global leader in the design, development and delivery of Positive Impact – the intentional creation of enduring social and economic value. We work with governments, businesses, and investors to solve the world’s most pressing challenges. With a team of more than 3,000 employees operating in 90 plus countries and a global network of over 35,000 experts, we help improve economies, societies and, most importantly, people’s lives.
Equity, Diversity & Inclusion – Palladium is committed to embedding equity, diversity, and inclusion into everything we do. We welcome applications from all sections of society and actively encourage diversity to drive innovation, creativity, success and good practice. We positively welcome and seek to ensure we achieve diversity in our workforce; and that all job applicants and employees receive equal and fair treatment regardless of their background or personal characteristics. These include: (but are not limited to) socio-economic background, age, race, gender identity and expression, religion, ethnicity, sexual orientation, disability, nationality, veteran, marital or Indigenous status.
Should you require any adjustments or accommodations to be made due to a disability or you are a neurodivergent individual or for any other circumstance, please email our team at email@example.com and we will be in touch to discuss.
Safeguarding – We define Safeguarding as “the preventative action taken by Palladium to protect our people, clients and the communities we work with from harm”. We are committed to ensuring that all children and adults who come into contact with Palladium are treated with respect and are free from abuse. All successful candidates will be subject to an enhanced selection process including safeguarding-focused interviews and a rigorous due diligence process.
To apply for this job please visit palladium.csod.com.