Farm Radio Trust
Farm Radio Trust (FRT) is a leading non- governmental organization dedicated exclusively to serving farming communities through the provision of ICT based information, communication, extension and advisory services in Malawi with a growing reputation and involvement in program and policy development processes across sub-Saharan Africa.
Job Title : Program Support Associate
Supervisor Title: Program Officer
Type of Employment: One Year Contract Position; Renewal based on funding availability and performance.
Position Location: FRT District offices – Mangochi, Kasungu & Mzimba
To provide technical support in program delivery, documentation and communication for effective delivery of FRT projects in line with FRT vision of providing information for sustainable livelihoods to farming communities.
- Coordinate/ Support the day-to-day implementation of projects planned activities in line with FRT Strategic Plan at district level.
- Conduct community mobilization and needs assessments for partners and community structures.
- Build capacity of FOs and digital champions in digital literacy and agriculture enterprises
- Coordinate the documentation of project workplans and reports at district level.
- Support and coordinate the documentation/ and publication of different knowledge products including case studies, success stories, lessons learnt, good practices from FRT digital extension and advisory services.
- Contribute to the FRT social media platforms and website, including the coordinating and updating of content.
- Support the representation of FRT in public events such open days, pavilions, fairs etc.
- Establishing and maintaining linkages and partnership with collaborating and potential project partners/ stakeholders in the district.
Education and Experience
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent experience in Development communication, Development studies, Community Development Social Sciences, Agriculture, Rural Development.
Knowledge, Skills, Abilities and Aptitudes
- Strong interpersonal skills and the ability to build relationships with stakeholders, including staff, external partners and donors.
- Excellent computer skills
- Ability to work independently and with professional discretion.
- Excellent writing, editing, grammatical, organizational, and research skills.
BENEFITS/REWARDS OF JOB:
FRT will offer competitive salary and related benefits commensurate with the positions and experience.
HOW TO APPLY
Interested candidates are requested to submit their CV with three traceable referees, and motivation letter highlighting relevant achievements to firstname.lastname@example.org quoting the position being applied for in the subject line.
The closing day for receiving applications is 22nd September 2023.
Due to the volume of applications FRT receives, FRT will only respond to shortlisted candidates.
FRT is an equal opportunities employer and welcomes applications from all qualified people. Women are particularly encouraged to apply.
To apply for this job email your details to email@example.com