Nicholas O'Dwyer Ltd
Position: Team Leader
Project Title: Consultancy Services for Detailed Design and construction supervision of sanitation investments in Blantyre City
About The Vacancy
Why not come and work for one of Irelands most progressive and ambitious engineering and environmental consultancies. Sustainability is a core value of our work, so if you want to advance your career in a socially responsible company working towards a sustainable planet then come join us.
We are creative problem solvers who deliver design solutions for infrastructure projects focused on the water and wastewater sectors but also in transportation, civil & structural engineering, flood protection and renewables.
With our Headquarters based in Ireland we also work in the UK, Europe, Middle East and Africa. We recently joined the RSK Group, an amalgamation of over 150 companies working in the area of water, transportation and environmental remediation with sustainability at the heart of its strategy. Being part of a larger group provides a global network of opportunities whilst still retaining the company’s own brand and autonomy hence the role is very much focused on meeting the needs of Nicholas O’Dwyer.
Our group plan is to have reached a turnover of £1 billion with over 10,000 employees by 2025 with sustainability at our heart.
- At least 15 years’ experience overall.
- MSc (or higher) in Civil Engineering or Sanitary Engineering or its equivalent.
- At least 10 years of experience in the design of sewerage and drainage systems, analysing institutional structures and systems related to sanitation.
- Required previous experience with sewerage and drainage design in Southern Africa region or related urban services.
- Practical experience as Team Leader for minimum of 2 similar assignments i.e. design of sewerage and drainage systems.
- Must be registered with a recognized Engineering Institution.
- Proficiency in listening and speaking of English.
- Demonstrable experience with FIDIC Conditions and projects funded by international financing institutions such as the World Bank.
Our mission is to provide advice and assistance to today’s global community in delivering sustainable infrastructure for tomorrow. As a professional engineering and environmental consultancy, we provide water engineering, environmental engineering and civil and structural engineering services to public- and private-sector clients, mainly in the transportation and infrastructure sectors.
Throughout our history, we have been providing water and wastewater engineering services to authorities serving millions of consumers. We have used our engineering services to help develop more than five-thousand kilometres of highways, making us one of Ireland’s most respected consulting engineering practices. We have worked in more than 40 countries throughout the developing world. Our employees have access to a range of major projects in Ireland, the UK, Europe, Africa, Asia and the Middle East.
Nicholas O’Dwyer is part of the RSK Group, a leading integrated environmental, engineering, and technical services business providing dynamic, multidisciplinary services to a wide range of sectors. RSK was founded in 1989 and has grown considerably since then. In fact, Environment Analyst recently highlighted RSK’s growth commenting, “Few companies in the environmental services sector can claim to be expanding at the same pace as RSK.”
RSK operates as a group of synergistic businesses with a growth strategy centred on diversification to build a resilient business that can withstand external pressures while also bringing more value to clients and opportunities to employees.
To apply for this job please visit nodwyer.current-vacancies.com.